Friday, June 23, 2006

First One...

I guess it's time to give this a try again. I've been told, by people who should know better, that I should give my literary bone a tweak and get off my hump (my non-lady-like but, nevertheless, lovely hump) and jump in with both feet, into the blogosphere, while the water is still warm. Well, so here I am...trying my hand at some lighter stuff.

The urge to write is perhaps as old as the watchman from my old school who, I am sure, wrote a real mean love letter to Ram Dulari in deepest Bihar, while guarding the virtues of us young kids in vice-ridden Juhu. (Juhu is the Beverly Hills of Mumbai...or at least was during the ancient time when I went to school there. Now, it seems, Bandra is the new Juhu while Juhu is the new Upper East side of Manhattan while the old Beverly Hills is a real estate disaster waiting to happen!). But to try one's hand at "humorful" writing is relatively new...don't think any of those cavemen who drew those painting on their cave walls were trying to communicate, through their own version of "writing", the humor in their lives, what with, maybe, a 127 breeds of wild animals thinking you were fair game for lunch and bathing was a distant gleam in the eye of the earliest ancestors of Mr. Proctor or Mr. Gamble.

So here I am bravely trying once more to get some juice flowing in the old literary veins (my Lit teacher from school just turned in her grave...if she's alive, then she'd surely wish she were dead before seeing me do this!), get the writing mind ticking, sharpening the old rhetorical saw...yeah, yeah I know I should give it a rest. With the worldwide readership of exactly 0.667 (my attention keeps wandering for roughly 33% of the time to the "Babes of the World Cup" part of the Fox Sports website!), I am far from the greatest thing to hit blogging since...whoever. Anyways, I think it was fun till now, and I shall endeavor to do this again. Or, maybe, inflict myself again on you, o gracious-but-honestly-you-have-too-much-time-on-your-hands reader!

1 Comments:

Blogger Bombay Addict said...

shabbash sher !! good one !! looking forward to more stuff ! yipppeee !!

June 28, 2006 at 11:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home